Taylor Architecture Group (TAG) is seeking an Intermediate Technologist who is looking for an exciting career to join our team. Project types include small scale commercial work as well as mid to large scale educational, hospitality, and institutional facilities. The successful candidate must have strong drafting capabilities and be able to work well in a team environment.
Taylor Architecture Group (formerly Pin/Taylor Architects) is a small, vibrant, process driven practice with a focus on design solutions that are contextually appropriate to each specific project. Attention to detail and the importance of meaningful design related to climate and cultural considerations are critical to the success of projects in the North. Our office is located in Yellowknife, Northwest Territories, with projects in communities throughout the arctic & sub-arctic regions of northern Canada.
Yellowknife is a youthful & active northern community, and as the hub for the Northwest Territories, has most of the amenities of any southern city. Residents enjoy skiing, dogsledding and snowmobiling in the winter, and in summer enjoy the extended daylight hours with music festivals, hiking, canoeing and camping in the uncharted wilderness that is Yellowknife’s backyard. Our office is located in the heart of historic Old Town and promotes a social, thoughtful and diverse working environment.
- Provide drafting support for project teams including preparation of tender and construction drawings and schedules
- Development of building details under the guidance of a Project Architect
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge of Canadian building systems and detailing
- Coordinate drawings between architecture and other disciplines
- Assist with presentation graphics and drawings and digital architectural models
Credentials and Skills
- Graduate from a recognized Architectural technologist program
- Minimum 3 years of work experience with focus on commercial/institutional projects (northern experience an asset)
- Exceptional knowledge of national building codes, standards and technical knowledge of the building industry in Canada
- Exceptional knowledge of AutoCAD, Revit and Microsoft Office
- Rendering capabilities and knowledge of Adobe Suite and Sketchup an asset
- Willingness to work collaboratively with a design team
- Demonstrate a value of quality design work and ability to think outside of the box
- Skilled production of presentation & working drawings
- Strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
A moving expense stipend will be provided by TAG.
Salary and Benefits
Salary to be commensurate with experience; full benefits package available.
Please submit your CV and samples of work to email@example.com